The Federation negotiates on all aspects of pay, allowances, hours of duty and pension matters.
The Federation is at the forefront of promoting equality issues nationally and within Force and can advise on issues relating to all forms of discrimination and Fairness at Work issues.
We can provide free legal advice and representation for many issues including criminal, discipline, traffic and personal injury. We can also provide legal advice and representation for unlawful discrimination and pension appeals.
Under the Federation Fund Rules we can provide the following to Members:
- Free legal advice and representation for Members facing criminal proceedings when on duty;
- Free legal advice and representation to members charged with an offence while driving on duty;
- Legal advice and representation for discipline issues;
- Provide representation at Employment Tribunals;
- Advice and assistance when giving evidence at inquests;
- Welfare advice and assistance for personal issues;
- Advice by a trained 'friend' for all discipline matters;
- Advice and assistance with civil claims and Industrial Injuries claims;
- Assist with Fairness at Work issues
- Offer advice and assistance for sexual, racial or other discriminatory harassment;
- Support defamation proceedings (in certain circumstances) on behalf of members;
Who are we?
The remit of the Police Federation is extremely wide, being defined in the Police Act 1964 as "welfare and efficiency". This wide definition allows the Federation to act on virtually any issue relating to its members or the force in general.
Contact information for full time officials and our administrative team can be found here.
The Police Federation is the staff association, which represents the vast majority of police officers in Hampshire. Our members are every Police Officer from the rank of Constable through to Chief Inspector.
The voice of the Police Federation is regularly heard on TV, radio and in the press as we campaign on your behalf to ensure that you and fellow officers are given a fair deal financially, legally and professionally.
For details of work done nationally by the Police Federation visit www.polfed.org.